There are a lot of benefits of using clay pots for drinking water. You know the Clay pots and clay bottles are containers made from clay, a natural material composed mainly of fine-grained minerals such as kaolinite, halloysite, and illite. Clay pots and bottles have been used for thousands of years for storing and cooking food, Drinking Water, as well as for decorative purposes. They can be fired at high temperatures to make them more durable and resistant to water. Traditional methods for making clay pots and bottles include hand-forming and coiling, as well as wheel-throwing.
Matka as Clay Pot
A Matka is a traditional Asian earthenware pot used for cooking, Drinking and storing food. The word “matka” comes from the Hindi language, and it means “pot” or “clay pot.” Matkas are typically made from a type of clay known as “banglori matka clay,” which is found in the North Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. These pots are known for their unique properties such as heat retention, slow cooling and also have a good insulation which makes it perfect for slow cooking and fermentation. They are commonly used for making traditional dishes like dahi (yogurt), lassi, and for storing water in rural areas. Matkas are also used for decorative purposes, and are often painted or decorated with intricate designs.
Benefits Of Using Clay Pots For Drinking Water
- Keeps Water Cool: Clay pots have natural insulation properties that help to keep the water inside cool, even in hot weather.
- Improves water taste: The porous nature of clay allows water to breathe, which can improve its taste and remove any impurities.
- Alkalizes water: Clay has a natural alkalizing effect on water, which can help to balance the pH levels and make it more alkaline.
- Purifies water: Clay can remove impurities and bacteria from water, making it safer to drink.
- Promotes healthy digestion: Drinking water from clay pots can help to promote healthy digestion by neutralizing acidity in the stomach.
- Enhances absorption: The porous nature of clay can help to increase the surface area of water, which can enhance its absorption in the body.
- Reduces inflammation: Drinking water from clay pots can help to reduce inflammation in the body by neutralizing acidity.
- Boosts immunity: Clay has natural antimicrobial properties that can help to boost the immune system.
- Enhances energy levels: Drinking water from clay pots can help to enhance energy levels by providing essential minerals and electrolytes.
- Promotes Healthy Skin: Clay can help to purify water and remove impurities, which can promote healthy skin by reducing the risk of acne and other skin problems.
Is It Good To Store Water In Clay Pots?
Storing water in clay pots can have some benefits, but it is important to note that it may not be the most practical or safe method of water storage. Some of the benefits of storing water in clay pots include store water in matka because clay pots are porous and can absorb impurities if not properly cleaned and maintained, also it’s important to note that clay pots must be cleaned and sterilized properly to avoid bacteria or other harmful microorganisms to develop on them. Also, the water stored in clay pots should be consumed within a day or two, as it may not have the same purifying or preserving properties as other materials like glass or stainless steel. Due to these reasons, it’s recommended to use other materials such as food-grade plastic, glass or stainless steel for water storage.
Does Clay Purify Water?
Clay pots, also known as “earthen pots” or “clay coolers” have been used for centuries to purify and cool water. The porous nature of the clay allows water to seep in and evaporate through the walls of the pot, which causes a cooling effect. This cooling effect also causes the water to absorb some of the minerals from the clay which help to purify it. Additionally, the water stored in the clay pot is exposed to sunlight which kills microorganisms. However, it’s important to note that while clay pots can help to purify and cool water, they do not remove all impurities and are not a substitute for safe drinking water treatment methods.
How Do You Clean Clay Pots For Drinking Water?
It’s important to note that if the clay pot is not well made, it can crack when exposed to extreme temperature changes, so be cautious when cleaning and storing the clay pot. Additionally, if you are going to use the clay pot for long term storage, you should use a food-grade sealant to make it watertight.
Can We Put Cold Water In Matka?
es, you can put cold water in a matka (clay pot). In fact, many people use matkas specifically for storing cold water. The porous nature of the clay helps to keep the water cool by allowing it to evaporate through the walls of the pot.
However, it is important to note that if the matka is not well-made, it can crack if exposed to extreme temperature changes, such as pouring hot water into it or putting it in the refrigerator with cold water. Also, if the matka has been stored for a long time without use, it’s better to clean it first as described before, so as to avoid any dirt or debris that may affect the quality of the water.